Tuesday 8 May 2012

Travel Plans Tuesday

I have decided that every Tuesday I will document where I am at with my travel plans.
Here are some numbers to document the trip:
Less than 8 weeks before we depart.
3 countries to travel through
28 days away
5 different languages spoken (at least)
9 destinations to visit
2 girls
1 big adventure
I am so excited and looking forward to this trip. I can't believe that it has been almost one year since I went overseas to the United Kingdom and I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to travel twice in the space of a year.
So many things will be different about this trip to my last. This time I am traveling with a lot more awareness of what to expect from a big overseas trip, especially when it comes to airplane travel, jet lag and visiting a non-english speaking country.
Last time I went with my former fiance, this time I am going with a long-time (girl) friend. Last time I stayed in hotels, this time I am staying in hostels. There will be lots more traveling from place to place and carrying things on trains. There will be a bigger culture change as we are not visiting any countries which speak english as a first language and the cuisines will be quite different. The trip will be twice as long and hopefully just as much fun.
We have spent hours researching, planning, revising and tweaking this trip and I just can't wait to get over there and start enjoying our time away.
Over the next weeks I will be writing my student's mid-year reports and dreaming of walking in the Swiss alps and photographing Bavarian castles.
I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate every one!