Friday 18 May 2012

Getting Organised: Choosing Outfits for the week

Last week, I did something I never thought I would do. In fact, I actually laughed at someone who told me that they did this a few years ago, I know, how terrible of me! Last week, I picked out five outfits for the working week on Sunday night. I loved it so much that I decided to do it again this week and I though I would share it because it definitely helped me to get organised and ready in the mornings much more quickly than usual. I also enjoyed picking out outfits when I had then time to linger over just the right combinations, rather than throw things together in a rush or find whatever is clean.
The whole process took 20 minutes from start to finish and I think I could get quicker as I get more practice. Last week, I created outfits based around some new clothes I had just purchased and this week I used a few jewelery pieces to match to outfits.
I started off with my iPhone weather app and 5 sturdy plastic hangers. I like these because they have two strong horizontal bars as well as notches in the sides for smaller straps.
Checking the weather for the week helped me to make sure the outfit I had chosen was appropriate. Fortunately, at this time of year the weather doesn't fluctuate much, it is usually in the mid to high teens every day.
When I had chosen the main parts of the outfit, I hung everything together on the one hanger and added extras like tights, camisole, merino wool long sleeve top and the necklace I wanted to wear all on the one hanger. This way, I am sure that I have enough clean tights/ tops for the whole week (no more getting out of the house late because of missing/ dirty items of clothing.) The smaller top bar was especially useful for hanging these smaller items.


Next, everything goes into the wardrobe in order of Monday- Friday. I hung my day coat and scarf in front so it is easy to grab each day.
There we go, and easy, quick and FUN task to help me stay organised during the working week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate every one!