Monday 21 May 2012

The Love Vintage Show, Melbourne


Love Vintage Logo



On Sunday, my friend and I went into the city to visit the "Love Vintage Show". We had the most fabulous day, starting off early with a train ride into the city then a lovely breakfast on Lygon street. We visited the show, held at the beautiful Royal Exhibition Buildings in Carlton and spent the best part of the day trawling through the wonderful clothes, hats, shoes, jewellery and other beautiful vintage displays.


Everything in the building was original 1920s, 30s, 40s or 50s clothing and accessories, with the exception of a few stalls which sold clothes in a reproduction style. Many of the clothes had been handmade by their owners using their domestic sewing machines many years ago. How sad to think that in 50 years, no one will bother to hold such a display to buy or sell the clothes we wear now. Everything we wear is the same and all so cheaply made that it will fall apart, often before it is out of fashion.
Unfortunately, the original vintage clothes although stunning were well out of my price range but I did collect a few treasures to take home for my very own.

This thimble is sterling silver and was made in Birmingham, England in 1927. I intend it to be a piece for use and it is just the right fit! I also bought these hair clips, although brand new and not themselves vintage pieces, I felt they were pretty anyway.
I came back from the show, inspired, relaxed and ready for a very busy work week. This week is Education Week in Victoria so we are all busy preparing for school tours and open night. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate every one!