Monday 23 April 2012

Week in the Life 2012: Monday 23rd April


On a whim this weekend, I decided to participate in Ali Edwards, Week in the Life for 2012. It seemed like a good idea, so I jumped right in, taking photos all day today.
I can't believe my attitude to this project! Normally I fuss and fiddle and never get anything done, however this evening I jumped straight onto Photoshop, edited, printed, journal-ed, cut, glued and finished Monday's layout. It is so far from perfect and I could list off the things that are wrong with it and be here all evening. But you know what? It's done, and that's much more than many of my projects are at the moment. I am going to live with the imperfection and just embrace the fact that I have finished something.
One day down, 6 to go! So far, I am loving this project and it is stretching me as a photographer. I am even making use of my self timer, although I can see that I have so much more to learn!

Here is my approach:
1. I chose 16 photos from the day (all these taken with the DSLR).
2. Cropped square in photoshop. I took inspiration from instagram for this.
3. Printed at home on my Canon Pixma.
4. Corner rounded (not really happy with the look as I didn't leave enough border)
5. American Crafts Thickers and date stamp on left hand page.
6. Journal in word an  printed using Kingthings Typewriter font. Pretty much a run down of the photos on the left hand page and the time to go with each photo.
7. Trimmed, corner rounded on one edge and mounted to cardstock. I then used some washi tape and a brad for a little bit of colour.
Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate every one!