Monday 16 April 2012

Australasian Quilt Convention


I was lucky enough to attend the AQC on Friday this week. Unfortunately I didn't take my camera. I felt like wrangling a pair of crutches was enough let alone a camera too. There were lots of lovely quilts there and my favourites were a series of quilts by Katrina Hadjimichael inspired by Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice novel. You can see the quilts on her blog here.
I did make some fun purchases too. I bought some new scissors and a thimble as well as a kit for a little wool candle mat by Bareroots. I also signed up for a block of the month, The 1860 Marriage Quilt from Carolyn's Quilting Room. It is a reproduction of a quilt in the Cheltenham Museum, made by Jane Pizar.
I can't wait to start cutting out and piecing my first block, but I have decided that I want to make sure that Vignette blocks 2 and 3 are complete before I start anything else.
Right, I am off to work on the stitchery border of Vignette now before I have to start getting ready for work again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate every one!